Flat Roof Services Exeter
Also Covering Tiverton, Plymouth & Surrounding Areas
DBF Property Services Ltd are experienced in all aspects of Flat Roofing. We operate across Devon and offer a Free Roof Inspection
Flat Roofing Specialists
Over the last 20 + Years we have helped tens of homeowners across Exeter And Plymouth with their flat roofs. We are experienced with all makes and can help no matter how big or what material you require, Here are just some of the flat roofing material that DBF Roofing can help you with can assist with. Here’s a quick rundown: of the ways in which DBF Roofing can help, whether it is repair of an existing roof or installation of a new flat roof.
Leaks and Moisture
Leaks are the most common problem with flat roofs, as they don’t have the natural drainage advantage of pitched roofs. Water can pond on the surface, eventually seeping through the roofing membrane and into the underlying structure. This can lead to mold, mildew, and rot, as well as structural damage.
Repair: Identifying the source of the leak is crucial. Look for cracks, tears, punctures, or damaged flashing around roof penetrations like vents and pipes. Minor leaks can sometimes be patched with specialized roofing sealant, but larger leaks or leaks in critical areas usually require membrane replacement
Even small amounts of water can pool on a flat roof, especially if there are slight dips or low spots. This ponding can put stress on the membrane and accelerate its deterioration. In extreme cases, it can even lead to structural collapse.
Repair: If ponding is a persistent problem, you may need to install a drainage system or regrade the roof to create a slope that allows water to run off more easily.
Blisters are air bubbles that form under the roofing membrane. They are caused by trapped moisture or air, and they can eventually lead to the membrane rupturing.
Repair: Small blisters can sometimes be flattened out or punctured and patched. However, extensive blistering usually indicates that the membrane needs to be replaced.
Cracks in the roofing membrane can allow water to seep into the underlying structure and cause damage. Cracking can be caused by aging, exposure to extreme weather, or improper installation.
Repair: Minor cracks can sometimes be patched with specialized sealant. However, larger cracks or cracks that extend through multiple layers of the membrane usually require membrane replacement.
Alligatoring is a pattern of small cracks that resemble the skin of an alligator. It is a sign that the roofing membrane is nearing the end of its lifespan and needs to be replaced.
Flat Roofing Material We can Help you With
- Traditional and most affordable option.
- Composed of multiple layers of felt applied with hot bitumen.
- Prone to tears and requires regular maintenance.
- Lifespan of around 15-20 years.
- Single-ply membrane made from synthetic rubber.
- Highly durable and weatherproof.
- Easy to install and requires minimal maintenance.
- Lifespan of up to 50 years.
GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic):
- Liquid applied system consisting of resin and fiberglass matting.
- Creates a seamless, monolithic waterproof surface.
- Highly resistant to UV rays, punctures, and ponding water.
- Lifespan of 20-30 years.
- Torch-applied bituminous membranes with added polymers for improved flexibility and durability.
- Offers good waterproofing performance at a moderate cost.
- Requires skilled installation and regular maintenance.
- Lifespan of around 20-25 years.
- Covered with vegetation, providing insulation, air quality improvement, and aesthetic appeal.
- Requires specialized construction and maintenance.
- Not suitable for all roofs.
- Offers longer lifespan than other flat roof types.
If you are looking to have a new flat roof installed on an extension or garage then please feel free to get in touch. Our experience does allow us to give you the best advice. i.e. The best type of flat roof for your home will depend on various factors, such as budget, roof size and shape, desired lifespan, and environmental considerations.
DBF Roofing Testimonials
“Happy customer no more leak in my roof D.B.F Showed up on time did a great job ..highly recommend.”
Inspection and repair of roof
“They called first thing, arrived quickily and gave me a quote and were able to squeeze in the work today! Quick thorough and all round a good job!“
“The guys come and fitted new lead around my chimney and roof done a professional job looks really good and most importantly stoped my leek would definitely recommend”